With the weather warming up, there will be plenty of outdoor sightings so it’s time to look your very best!
By Teca Cameron
A lot of women, especially busy moms tend to forget about the most critical component of their appearance- their beautiful faces! The thought is…who on earth has time for tedious routines of exfoliating, moisturizing, masking, and makeup? It’s just one task that I can do without, right? Actually, not quite.
Facial care routines should be simple but consistent. It is especially important that women take the time to provide their skin with appropriate moisture. Skin that is neglected and lacks moisture easily wrinkles and before you know it those wrinkles invite their friends over for a party on your face and BAM! You begin to look a lot older than you are. Why take the chance?
Here are six simple beauty tips for keeping your face gorgeous, healthy and radiant:
1. Why? As a busy mom you are constantly exposed to the elements- wind, dust, pollution… you even get perspiration. Surely you don’t want to have these things on your face, right? Consider cleansing with a soft cleanser. I always recommend using products that are as natural as possible. If you can eat it, chances are you can put it on your face. Stay away from products that are heavily based in alcohol because of its drying effects. I love to use lemons and apple cider vinegar in my toning routine. I also use oatmeal and apricot scrubs to exfoliate and rich vitamin A & C moisturizers.
2. Eye cream is really important. I know, it is so easy to forget, but just think about this- if this is neglected, in a few years time you might have to use a crane to lift up the bags from your eyes. That my dear, is never a good look!
3. Not much to be said here. Beauty sleep is a must.
4. It keeps your vital organs functioning and helps keep skin supple and hydrated.
5. Eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals. Avoid fried foods and foods rich in refined sugars and salt.
6. It makes you look refreshed. Skin bronzer or light powder, lip gloss, mascara, blush. That’s all you really need. In a future post, I will show you how to make the best of this simple routine.
Your face is your treasure! Treat it with love and care.
Your friend in beauty,