Mark’s invites 300,00 men to try new Denver Hayes® with Dri-Wear™ Underwear with an upcoming in-store giveaway!
New underwear line launched with national survey on men and their underwear habits
TORONTO, May 31, 2012 – Canada’s leading menswear retailer, Mark’s, is inviting 300,000 Canadian men to try on a new pair of Denver Hayes® with dri-Wear™ underwear next weekend – for free. Mark’s will give the first 300,000 Canadians to visit any Mark’s store across the country on June 9th or 10th a free pair of the new Denver Hayes underwear with chemical-free dri-Wear technology.
Unlike most men’s underwear, the new Denver Hayes underwear help body sweat evaporate quickly and promise a more comfortable feel with the design of the product. Mark’s is well-known for bringing new innovation to traditional and comfortable menswear – making it the leading casual menswear retailer in the country.
Mark’s also commissioned a national survey to find out whether men even care about what kind of underwear they wear – and the results turned up some surprising results.
- Nearly half of all men surveyed (46%) admitted that they have had issues with underwear and sweat(specifically that they are not satisfied with the way their underwear keeps them dry) – something Mark’s new Denver Hayes with dri-Wear underwear will address.
- Boxer-briefs are the most-favoured men’s underwear with 37% of Canadian men choosing the hybrid-underwear model.
- More than 1/3 of all men (36%) admit to wearing LESS than 7 pairs of underwear per week.
- Most men prefer to buy their own underwear (86%), although 11% admitted to letting their wives buy underwear for them and 3% said ‘mom’ still does their shopping.
“We are continuously looking for ways to create superior products that rate high on the quality and comfort scale and solve some of life’s little problems,” says Iain Summers, General Merchandise Manager at Mark’s. “We want Canadian men to expect more from their underwear and we believe we have found the answer in Denver Hayes with dri-Wear.”
The Denver Hayes with dri-Wear line is available exclusively at Mark’s and L’Equipeur stores across Canada.
Want more than one free pair? Enter our
Mums ‘n Chums Father’s Day giveaway for a chance to win a week’s worth of Denver Hayes® with Dri-Wear™ Underwear for your favourite man! Contest is now closed! Thanks to all who entered!
Exclusively available at Mark’s, Denver Hayes® with dri-Wear™ is a new range of everyday underwear, built for ultimate comfort with the added benefits of a high performance technology.
About dri-Wear technology:
Mark’s exclusive dri-Wear technology is a superior one way sweat management system that moves sweat away from the body at incredible speed. dri-Wear provides excellent moisture management properties with the incorporation of dual layering technology. This technology works through the millions of micro pores on the surface of the yarn, absorbing moisture on contact, spreading it quickly and moving it to the outer layer of its dual construction where it can quickly evaporate. This will greatly enhance the natural cooling system of the body, while keeping it dry and comfortable, even during extreme activities.
Features & Benefits:
- dri-Wear fabric moves moisture away from the skin at an incredible speed to keep you dry and comfortable.
- Won’t chafe the skin like other wet fabrics
- The fit is designed to lift and support for ultimate comfort
- Permanent performance of fabric that will not degrade after washing
- Made from 60% Pima Cotton, 35% Polyester, 5% Spandex
Denver Hayes with dri-Wear underwear are available in:
- Three styles including briefs, trunk briefs, and fitted boxer briefs
- Five colours including nautical blue, royal blue, white, ebony and black
- Sizes S, M, L and XL
Pricing and Availability:
Denver Hayes with dri-Wear underwear are available exclusively at Mark’s stores across Canada for $10.99 – $19.99
Mark’s, known as L’Equipeur in Quebec, is one of Canada’s leading apparel and footwear retailers with more than 380 stores across Canada. Mark’s sells men’s and women’s work, casual and active clothing and footwear, as well as health care, accessories and business-to-business apparel. First established in Calgary in 1977, Mark’s Work Wearhouse Limited has been a subsidiary of Canadian Tire Corporation since 2001.
About the Survey
From May 1 to May 3, 2012, an online survey was conducted among a sample of 1,000 Canadian men who are also Angus Reid Forum panel members. The margin of error — which measures sampling variability — is +/- 3.10%, 19 times out of 20. The sample was balanced by age, region and education according to the most recent census data. Discrepancies in or between totals are due to rounding.