Thank you for visiting Mums ‘n Chums! I started this site in 2009 and it is one of two sites I own and run; the second is Strong and Worthy, a site dedicated to entrepreneurial women.
Over the years through Mums ‘n Chums, I have had numerous opportunities to work with fabulous brands (see list below), and I look very forward to continuing to do so. If you are interested in contacting me I invite you fill out the form at the bottom of this page. Before you do though, please be sure to read this page in order to get to know me better and decide more clearly if our brands are a good fit.
Brands I have enjoyed working with over the years:
Mums ‘n Chums social profiles:
If you haven’t already, I invite (and encourage!) you to take a look at my social profiles. I am a bit of a social media junkie and therefore have numerous accounts on numerous platforms, but I bet it’s these ones you’re looking for:
Topics I love to write about:
- Anything that benefits children, whether it be a charity or an event fundraiser or special program, if there are children in need somewhere and I get to have a hand in ensuring they get help, I’m thrilled. Please reach out to me if I can be of assistance with anything of this matter.
- Anything related to tech, especially phones, tablets and apps. If it’s a gadget that promises to make my life easier, I’m excited to try it!
- Household and beauty products! I’ve done countless reviews for these types of products over the years and have discovered many new favourites because of them.
- Family and kids (of course!)
- Holidays and special occasions.
- Home organization posts and especially tutorial or how-to types of blogs.
- EASY recipes. I’ll be honest, I’m no Martha, and it’s a rare occasion to find me making something from scratch. I DO like creating delicious and simple, healthy recipes for my family provided they don’t have 100 ingredients or require a lot of time to prepare. Ain’t nobody got time for that. Except maybe Martha…
- SIMPLE how-to’s and DIY projects. Continuing with the “I’m no Martha” theme, I’m really not. Pinterest is great and everything but you won’t find me making my own coordinated closet hangers or chandeliers made of paint chips. I like to do (and write about) fun but uncomplicated projects, crafts and DIY’s only, especially if those projects are being done with children.
- I am wordy, as you can tell. I’m known to overdeliver on blog posts and when I do a review, it will likely be long, detailed and include numerous carefully edited photos. I don’t skimp on the details and enjoy working with brands who will understand and appreciate that.
- That said, because my posts are detailed I prefer to take my time with them. Not a ridiculous amount of time, but if you have a very short deadline (ie 1 or 2 days) for a review, I am probably not your girl. I need about a week at the least to test something and write out a thorough review, but honestly prefer more time than that if possible. I WILL complete the campaign by its due date, but the more time the better.
- As per the short story above, I no longer review every product I receive, and I do not write about every product I decide to test. I have tried and disliked products in the past, and it’s not in my integrity (or that of the site) to go through with writing about something I don’t feel my audience will enjoy.
- I very much enjoy doing giveaways and reviews and my readers enjoy them also, when the product or service is a good fit for the audience. When there is a product for review / giveaway, I post a thorough review on the blog and then link it to a separate giveaway page for the contest. I have promoted hundreds of contests on Mums ‘n Chums and have a system for it, but will work with a brand if they have specific goals.
- I am a HUGE fan of hosting and co-hosting Twitter parties and would love to do more of them if there is a good fit between me and a brand. I have also hosted Twitter parties for Mums ‘n Chums, where multiple brands have offered their products as prizes. These parties have been tremendously successful and I am happy to provide screenshots and metrics, or to discuss twitter parties further if that is something you are looking for. My parties have trended at #1 in Canada and in some cases have trended above the names of A-list celebrities.
- I am not a fan of doing roundup review posts or gift guides so you won’t likely see one here. Imagine how wordy THOSE would be!
How can I help you?
Please use the contact form below to message me for any of the following:
- Blog reviews
- Giveaways (my readers LOOOOOVE these)
- Brand Ambassadorships
- Speaking engagements
- Twitter parties
- Media appearances
- Social media consulting
- Public speaking (past speaking engagement topics include: parenting, social media for small business, working with brands, blogging)
- Event promos (this could be in the form of live tweeting / insta / fb posts, follow up blogs, and / or pre-event social media and / or blog promotion)
If you or a brand you represent would like to work with me on any of the above, or in some other capacity please fill out the form below and I will be in touch within 48 hours. If you are also interested in working with me through Mums ‘n Chums’ sister site Strong and Worthy, please be sure to mention that in your comments.