I am a “Secret” Agent.
Something very interesting happens at every Passion Party that I do. I’m not exactly sure what causes it. Maybe I just have a trusting face. Maybe it’s the intoxicating combination of good friends, laughter, wine, and the frank discussion of S.E.X. that causes this reaction. But it happens, at every single party.
People divulge their DEEPEST secrets to me.
Ooooh the secrets that I know.
Some secrets are HAPPY…
Like the mother of 3 who whispered to me one day that she was pregnant with her 4th, all because of some products that she had purchased from me a few months earlier!
Some are FUNNY…
There was the woman who informed me that a toy she was purchasing was actually for her to use on her husband. (yea, that one still makes me giggle!).
And then there are the secrets that I wish nobody had…
Like the beautiful young woman who shared her horrific story of domestic abuse.
The details of her story were all too familiar to me. Locked deep in my own past is a brush with domestic abuse.
Like me, she got away. Her abuser now sits in jail, and will be there for a very long time, but the physical & emotional scars he created will never go away.
Domestic Abuse Statistics:
- 6% of Canadians with a current or former spouse reported being physically or sexually victimized by their spouse.
- 25 to 34 years old were three times more likely than those aged 45 and older to state that they had been physically or sexually assaulted by their spouse.
- close to one in five (17%) Canadians said that they had experienced some form of emotional or financial abuse in their current or previous relationship, with put-downs and name calling being the most common form of abuse.
Victims of Domestic Abuse should know:
- You are not to blame for being abused.
- You deserve to be treated with love & respect.
- You deserve a safe and happy life.
- Your children deserve a safe and happy life.
- And most importantly, you are not alone. There is help.
If you, or somebody you know needs help in getting out of an abusive relationship, visit thePublic Health Agency of Canada Website for a list of resources and helpful links.
Survival is your Strength, not your Shame ~ Jaycee Lee Dugard
Michelle is a Passion Parties Independent Consultant, suburban housewife and mother of 2. “I fill my weekdays with playdates, library visits, grocery shopping, laundry, learningABCs, potty training and more. However, on the weekends, that is my time to slip into my sassy jeans, put on some mascara, and turn into a PASSION DIVA. Every weekend I walk into the living rooms of other women and spend 1.5 hours sharing all of the fabulous & exciting ways that they can enhance the passion in their relationships in a fun & educational format.” For more information on PARTY BOOKINGS, BECOMING A CONSULTANTor to SHOP ONLINE visit www.mishlockwood.com Follow Michelle on Twitter