Cool off and beat the heat in your local splash pad, or pack a lunch and visit a new one! Here’s a guide to local splash pads for 2011
Brampton Community splash pads are free to use and are open daily starting May 28th until Labour day (weather permitting) from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Located at the Brampton Soccer Centre, 1495 Sandalwood Parkway East (Dixie Rd and Sandalwood Parkway), Brampton. This beautiful soccer facility has a park that also includes basketball courts and playgrounds.
– Located at the Cassie Campbell Community Centre, 1050 Sandalwood Parkway West, Brampton. This is a beautiful facility which also features basketball courts, skate / BMX park and tennis courts.
– Located at the Century Gardens Recreation Centre, 340 Vodden St. East (Vodden and Rutherford), Brampton. The Recreation centre’s other outdoor facilities also include a soccer field.
– Located at 9050 Bramalea Road (Queen St. East and Central Park Drive), Brampton. Chinguacousy Park is a popular civic landmark in Brampton, featuring formal gardens, petting zoo, barn, and sports. The splash pad here is open only if temperature is at least 22c.
– Located on Ferndale Crescent, off Bartley Bull Parkway.
Open daily until early September (weather permitting), this huge facility includes 30 + water features, 550 person capacity, natural surroundings! Located in Heart Lake Conservation area 10818 Heart Lake Rd. Brampton
Cambridge spray pads are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (weather permitting) from June 10 to approximately September 2.
Located at 615 King. St. East
Located at 200 Christopher Drive
Located on Cowan Blvd.
Located at 16 Kribs St.
Located on Ellis Rd. (please note- this location is currently undergoing maintenance)
Located on Vimy Street
Located at 120 Carter Crescent
Located at 49 King St. W.
Located on Dundas St./Marion Way
Located on Fisher Mills Rd.
Located on Weaver St.
Gueph splash pads are open from June 30 to September 5, admission is free!
– Located in Norm Jary Park, 22 Shelldale Crescent, Guelph. The park also offers a play area, soccer, restrooms, basketball court and more. Open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
– Located in Hanlon Creek Park, 505 Kortright Rd. West, Guelph. This park has washrooms as well as a playground and soccer. Open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
– Locaed at the West End Community Centre, 21 Imperial Rd. South in Guelph. This is a full service community centre featuring a range of facilities. Open Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m and Weekends from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Located at Waverley Park, 76 Balmoral Drive in Guelph. Includes a small splash pad, as well as softball and soccer facilities.
All Halton Hills splash pads are open daily from 10:00 am – 8:00pm (weather permitting) until Labour Day. Admission is Free!
– located in Dominion Gardens Park, 135 Maple Avenue East, Georgetown. Parking is available at Christ the King High School and in the Dominion Gardens Park parking lot. Dominion gardens also features a large playground area with a variety of activities for children of various ages, a large shaded pavillion, picnic tables and scenic gardens.
– located at the Gellert Community Centre’s Park, 10241 Eighth Line, Georgetown. Parking is available at the Gellert Community Centre parking lot. The Gellert park also features a baseball diamond, soccer field and playground area.
– Located at Prospect Park in Acton (30 Park Ave). This spash pad is Halton Hills’ newest and includes a fun “fish” theme. Also at Prospect Park- a playground, baseball diamond, walking path, and beautiful views of Fairy Lake, which surrounds the park.
Located in Breithaupt Park, 806 Union St., Call 519-741-2502 for information on hours of operation.
Victoria Park is on Courtland Ave. W., call 519-741-2890 for information on hours of operation
222 Chandler Dr., reopening summer 2011- call 519-741-2733 for information
150 Pioneer Dr., call 519-741-2641 for information on hours of operation
A small splashpad, located in Vanier Park, 329 Vanier Dr., call 519-741-2641 for information on hours of operation
80 Wilson Ave., call 519-741-2540 for more information on hours of operation
141 Morgan Ave., call 519-741-2490
for more information on hours of operation
MacLennan Park- opening summer 2011- call 519-741-2557 for information on when the park will be open
Markham splash pads are open 9 a.m. to dusk until September 1- times may be extended in the event of a heat emergency. Please note that splash pads that are located adjacent to elementary schools are open from 4-9 p.m. on school days until the end of June For more information, please contact 905-477-5530
this splash pad is located northwest corner of Woodbine and Calvert Rd. Park at the north end of the park, off Rachel Crescent
located on Baymark Rd., behind Stornoway Crescent Public Elementary School
located on the north side of Denison St., between Middlefield Rd. and Markham Rd.
located on the east side of 9th Line, south of Pascoe Dr.
located on the north side of Elson St., across from James Edward Dr., east of McCowan Rd.
located on the northwest corner of Town Centre Blvd. and Cox Blvd.
located south of 14th Ave., east of Birchmount Rd.
located on the northwest corner of Mingay Ave. and Bur Oak Ave.
located on the southwest corner of Bur Oak Ave. and Northvale Rd.
(formerly McLaren Park) located on the north side of Simonston Blvd., west of Don Mills Rd.
located on the west end of Caboto Trail
located on the southeast corner of Williamson Rd. & Swan Park Rd.
located on the east side of Boxwood Crescent
located on Willow Heights Blvd., across from Gardenia Crescent
– “Splash Zone” is located at 1 Garden Lane, off Mill Street. This splash pad is open open daily from 10:00 am – 8:00pm (weather permitting) until Labour Day weekend.
There are also a number of neighbourhood “spray pads” in Milton, open from 9:00 a.m. till 9:00 p.m. until Labour Day weekend (weather permitting)! Below are the locations:
-Beaty Neighbourhood Park (beside Guardian Angels School)
-Bristol District Park (Thompson Rd. and Louis St. Laurent Ave)
-Coates Neighbourhood Park (north, Filbrook Dr.)
-Dempsey Neighbourhood Park (besde Chris Hadfield School)
-Clarke Neighbourhood Park (South)
-Lions Sports Park (77 Thompson Rd.)
-Scott Neighbourhood Park East
– located in Harvey Curry Park, (between Town Line and Lawrence Avenue), Orangeville. This splash pad and washrooms are open 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. until September (weather permitting). There is a parking lot located on Town Line for your convenience.
Located at Bridgeview Park, on Observatory Lane and Marshall Street
Located at Crosby Park, Crosby Avenue and Newkirk Road
Located on Red Maple Road and Bantry Avenue
Located in Grovewood Park, Grovewood Street, south east of King Road and Bathurst Street
Located on Red Cardinal Trail and Barberry Crescent
Located in Newberry Park, Bernard Avenue, (west of CNR tracks)
Located on Elgin Mills Road East and Leslie Street
Located in Russell Tilt Park on Blackforest Drive, north of Regatta Ave
Located at Wayside Avenue and Shirley Drive
Located on Tower Hill Road southeast of Jeffereson Sideroad and Bathurst Street
– located in Rockmosa Park, 74 Christie Street, Rockwood. Hours have just been extended, and this splash pad will now be open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.! Rockmosa Park also feaures a large, shady pavillion, washrooms, playground, swings, baseball diamond, soccer field and more!
Vaughan area splash pads are all open from June through Labour Day from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Sunday
Concord Thornhill Regional Park, Dufferin District Park, Wade Gate Park
Crieff Parkette, MacKenzie Glen District Park, Maple Airport Park, Maple Lions Park and Melville Park
Blue Coin Park, Chancellor District Park, Father Ermanno Bulfon Park, Mapes Park, McClure Meadows Park, Vaughan Mills Park, Vellore Village District Park, Woodbridge Expansion Area District Park.
Lions Lagoon splash pad is located in Waterloo Park on Young St West in Waterloo. *note- there is an admission charge of $2.50 per person for this location. Splash pad features waterfalls, a water breathing dragon, grounds sprays, water cannons and more! Amenities include changerooms, shaded structures / picnic areas, concession stands, play area, sports field and flower gardens. Hours are 10 a.m. – 6p.m. until September 5
Additional Splash Pad information:
Click here for information on Splash Pads in Mississauga!
Find an error, or know of another splash pad in the cities mentioned above that we missed? Please contact us with the details and we’ll add in your info!